Helpful Links and Materials About Medicine During the Nazi Period
- Adelsberger, Lucie - Auschwitz: A Doctor's Story
- Allen, Arthur - The Fantastic Laboratory of Dr. Weigl: How Two Brave Scientists Battled Typhus and Sabotaged the Nazis
- Aly Gotz - Hitler's Beneficiaries: Plunder, Racial War, and the Nazi Welfare State
- Aly Gotz, Peter Chroust and Christian Pross - Cleansing the Fatherland - Nazi Medicine and Racial Hygiene
- Annas, George J and Michael A. Grodin - The Nazi Doctors and the Nuremberg Code: Human Rights in Human Experimentation
- Arendt, Hannah - Eichman in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil
- Aronson, Shlomo - Hitler, the Allies, and the Jews
- Banki, Judith and John Pawlikowski - Ethics in the Shadow of the Holocaust: Christian and Jewish Perspectives
- Barenblatt, Daniel - A Plague upon Humanity: The Hidden History of Japan's Biological Warfare Program
- Bauer, Yehuda - A History of the Holocaust
- Baumslag, Naomi - Murderous Medicine: Nazi Doctors, Human Experimentation and Typhus
- Beauchamp, Tom L. and James F. Childress - Principles of Biomedical Ethics
- Bemporad, Jack and John T. Pawlikowski - Good and Evil After Auschwitz: Ethical Implications for Today
- Berg, Manfred and Geoffrey Cocks - Medicine and Modernity: Public Health and Medical Care in Nineteenth- and Twentieth-Century Germany
- Berler, Willy - Journey Through Darkness: Monowitz, Auschwitz, Gross-Rosen, Buchenwald
- Binding, Karl and Alfred Hoche - Allowing the Destruction of Life Unworthy of Life: Its Measure and Form
- Birinbaum, Halina and David Welsh - Hope is the Last to Die: A Coming of Age Under Nazi Terror
- Black, Edwin - War Against the Weak: Eugenics and America's Campaign to Create a Master Race
- Blady Szwajger, Adina - I Remember Nothing More: The Warsaw Children's Hospital and the Jewish Resistance
- Bloch, Gottfried - Unfree Associations: A Psychoanalyst Recollects the Holocaust
- Borowski, Tadeusz -This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen
- Brauns, Jack - Recollections and Reflections: How I Turned Despair into an Appreciation of Life
- British Medical Association - Medicine Betrayed: The Participation of Doctors in Human Rights Abuses : Report of a Working Party
- Browning, Christopher - Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland
- Browyn, Rebekah McFarland-Icke - Nurses in Nazi Germany
- Bryant, Michael S. - Confronting the "Good Death": Nazi Euthanasia on Trial, 1945-1953.
- Burleigh, Michael - Death and Deliverance: 'Euthanasia' in Germany, c.1900 to 1945
- Burleigh, Michael - Ethics and Extermination: Reflection on Nazi Genocide
- Burleigh, Michael and Wolfgang Wipperman - The Racial State: Germany 1933 -1945
- Caplan, Arthur, L. - When Medicine Went Made: Bioethics and the Holocaust
- Chalmers, Beverly - Birth, Sex and Abuse - Women's Voices under Nazi Rule
- Kor, Eva and Lisa Rojany Buccieri - Surviving the Angel of Deadh: The True Story of a Mengele Twin in Auschwitz
- Lifton, Robert J. - Nazi Doctors: Medical Killing and the Psychology of Genocide
- Winick, Myron - Final Stamp: The Jewish Doctors in the Warsaw Ghetto
Alexander, Leo - "Medical Science under Dictatorship"
Barondess, Jeremiah A. - "Medicine against society - Lessons from the Third Reich"
Barondess, Jeremiah A. - "Care of the Medical Ethos: Reflections on Social Darwinism, Racial Hygiene, and the Holocaust"
Barondess, Jeremiah A. - "Care of the medical ethos, with some comments on research: Reflections after the Holocaust"
Caplan, Arthur L. - "Horror Beyond Compare: Analogies to the Holocaust in Bioethics Today"
Caplan, Arthur L. - "The Meaning of the Holocaust for Bioethics"
Caplan, Arthur L. - "Misusing the Nazi analogy"
Chelouche, Tessa - "The Holocaust, Medicine and Medical Ethics: Lessons for Future Professionals"
Childress, James F. - "Nuremberg's Legacy: Some Ethical Reflections"
Cohen, Baruch C. - "The Ethics of Using Medical Data from Nazi Experiments"
Davis, James W. - "Abusing the Holocaust Analogy?"
Geiderman, Joel M. - "Ethics seminars: Physician Complicity in the Holocaust: Historical Review and Reflections on Emergency Medicine in the 21st Century, Part I."
Geiderman, Joel M. - "Ethics Seminars: Physician Complicity in the Holocaust: Historical Review and Reflections on Emergency Medicine in the 21st Century, Part II."
Heberer, Patricia - "The Nazis and Medical Ethics: The Context."
Hentoff, Nat, Daniel Callahan, et al. - "Contested Terrain: The Nazi Analogy in Bioethics"
Jotkowitz, Alan - "The Holocaust and Medical Ethics: The Voices of the Victims"
Lerner, Barron H. and David J. Rothman - "Medicine and the Holocaust: Learning More of the Lessons"
Levine, Robert J. - "Reflections on "Rethinking Research Ethics"
Lopez-Munoz, Francisco, Cecilio Alamo, et al. - "Psychiatry and Political-Institutional Abuse from the Historical Perspective: The Ethical Lessons of the Nuremberg Trial on their 60th Anniversary."
Nisker, Jeffrey A. - "In Quest of the Perfect Analogy for Using In Vitro Fertilization Patients as Oocyte Donors"
O'Mathuna, Donal P. - "Human Dignity in the Nazi Era: Implications for Contemporary Bioethics"
Pellegrino, Edmund D. - "The Nazi Doctors and Nuremberg: Some Moral Lessons Revisited"
Proctor, Robert N. - "Nazi Medicine and Public Health Policy"
Proctor, Robert N. - "Nazi Science and Nazi Medical Ethics: Some Myths and Misconceptions"
Reis, Shmuel, and Tomi Spenser -"Medicine and the Holocaust - Lessons for Present and Future Psychiatrists"
Rosenbloom, M. - "Implications of the Holocaust for Social Work"
Schnaper, Nathan - "Letter to the Editor, "Medicine and the Holocaust"
Sidel, V. W. - "The Social Responsibilities of Health Professionals: Lessons from their Role in Nazi Germany"
Sofair, Andre N. and Lauris C. Kaldjian - "Eugenic Sterilization and a Qualified Nazi Analogy: The United States and Germany, 1930-1945"
Steinweis, Alan E. - "The Auschwitz Analogy: Holocaust Memory and American Debates over Intervention in Bosnia and Kosovo in the 1990s"
Strous, Rael D. - "Hitler's Psychiatrists: Healers and Researchers Turned Executioners and Its Relevance Today"
Strous, Rael D. - "Review of "Psychiatry during the Nazi Era: Ethical Lessons for the Modern Professional"
Toellner, R. - "The Historical Preconditions for the Origin of Medical Ethics Committees In West Germany"
Wikler, Daniel and Jeremiah Barondess - "Bioethics and Anti-Bioethics in Light of Nazi Medicine: What Must We Remember?"
Zukowski, Edward - "The "Good Conscience" of Nazi Doctors"